Saira is a specialist medical negligence solicitor.
She joined the busy medical negligence department at Bell Lax Solicitors in December 2017, and became a Solicitor Advocate in December 2018.
Saira acts on behalf of Claimants on a full range of medical negligence matters. She has extensive experience in investigating claims involving treatment provided by NHS Trusts, GPs and other healthcare providers. Saira deals with claims of varying complexity and value and is particularly interested in claims involving cauda equina syndrome, brain injury and delay in diagnosis of cancer.
Saira also has experience in dealing with claims involving:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Brain Injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Cauda Equina
- Surgical errors
- Pregnancy and birth injuries
- Negligence at Care Homes & Nursing Facilities
- Hospital Negligence
- Claims for Pressure sores or Bed Sores and Pressure Ulcers
- Claims for late or misdiagnosis
Saira is passionate about helping the victims of Medical negligence and finds this area of law both challenging and rewarding. She is recognised for her attention to detail, thoroughness and ability to decipher technical and complex issues. Saira leaves no stone unturned in her investigations and works tirelessly to achieve the best possible outcome for her clients, irrespective of the nature or complexity of the claim.
Key cases worked on:
- A complex claim for a child who suffered a hypoxic brain injury at birth due to mismanaged labour and delivery.
- A claim for a mother who suffered psychological injury as a result of mismanagement of her labour and delivery resulting in her child being stillborn.
- A claim for the Estate of a woman who died as a result of a delay in diagnosis of bowel cancer.
- A high value and complex claim for a woman following a delay in diagnosis of cauda equina syndrome which resulted in permanent and life changing injuries.
- A claim for the widower of a woman who passed away after a delayed diagnosis of deep vein thrombosis.
- A high value and complex orthopaedic claim following a negligent hip replacement.
- Saira has also worked on a number of birth injury cases including cerebral palsy and erbs palsy.
- Saira also has experience in dealing with neurosurgery and cardiothoracic claims.
Saira is a member of The Association of Personal Injury Lawyers and Action against Medical Accidents.
Saira attends support groups to provide advice and gives talks to groups, in particular to individuals living with cancer, which include their families.
Outside of work Saira enjoys going to the gym and keeping fit. She is a keen cook and enjoys putting her culinary skills into practice. She regularly visits food shows and artisan markets across the country. At the weekends if Saira is not away on an adventure, she enjoys spending time with family and friends.
Langages spoken: English, Gujarati, Hindi, Urdu, Kutchi (basic).