Saira is a specialist medical negligence Solicitor-Advocate, with over 8 years’ experience in complex and high value medical negligence claims. You can contact Saira on 0121 355 0011 or email her Saira.Walji@belllax.com.
Saira joined Bell Lax as a qualified solicitor in 2017 and swiftly gained her higher rights, becoming a Solicitor-Advocate in 2018. Saira is currently a Senior Associate a Solicitor, helping clients who have been victims of various types of medical negligence.
Saira acts on behalf of Claimants on a full range of medical negligence matters. She has extensive experience in investigating claims involving treatment provided by NHS Trusts, GPs and other healthcare providers. Saira deals with claims of varying complexity and value and has a specialist interest in claims relating to cauda equina syndrome, spinal injury, cerebral palsy and cancers.
Saira also has experience in dealing with claims involving:
- Birth injury
- Brain injury
- Negligence in Care Homes & Nursing Facilities
- Hospital Negligence
- Misdiagnosis / delay in diagnosis of conditions
- Pregnancy and birth injuries
- Pressure Ulcers (bed sores)
- Surgical errors
Saira is passionate about helping victims of medical negligence and finds this area of law both challenging and rewarding. She is recognised for her attention to detail, thoroughness and ability to decipher technical and complex issues. Saira leaves no stone unturned in her investigations and is relentless in achieving the best possible outcome for her clients, irrespective of the nature or complexity of the claim. Saira is very personable and builds excellent working relationships with her clients and external parties. She is also well connected with medical experts and barristers which assist in achieving the best possible outcome for her clients.
Key cases worked on:
- A complex claim for a child who suffered a hypoxic brain injury at birth due to mismanaged labour and delivery.
- A claim for a mother who suffered psychological injury as a result of mismanagement of her labour and delivery resulting in her child being stillborn.
- A claim for the Estate of a woman who died as a result of a delay in diagnosis of bowel cancer.
- A high value and complex claim for a woman following a delay in diagnosis of cauda equina syndrome which resulted in permanent life changing injuries.
- A claim for the widower of a woman who passed away after a delayed diagnosis of deep vein thrombosis.
- A high value and complex orthopaedic claim following a negligent hip replacement.
- Saira also has experience in dealing with neurosurgery and cardiothoracic claims.
Saira is a member of The Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) and Action against Medical Accidents (AvMA).
Saira is passionate about providing support to cancer charities and delivers talks and support to various charities in Birmingham. Saira is also invited as a guest speaker at various medical conferences throughout the year to deliver talks on medical negligence matters.
Outside of work Saira enjoys going to the gym and keeping fit. She is a keen football player and competes in international tournaments. She is also a keen cook and enjoys putting her culinary skills into practice. At the weekends if Saira is not away on an adventure, she enjoys spending time with family and friends.
Languages spoken: English, Gujarati, Hindi and Urdu.