At Bell Lax, we have solicitors who are experienced specialists in spinal injuries ready to help you.
If you are considering pursuing a claim for compensation for a spinal injury, there are many things that you need to consider when deciding which firm of solicitors you should instruct.
- It is vital that you choose a solicitor who is experienced in this type of claim. You might think that instructing a solicitor local to where you live is the most important factor but if they are inexperienced in handling such cases, there is a risk that they may undervalue your claim. We act for clients all over the country and we will visit you at your home, at the start of, and throughout your claim. We will also visit you in hospital should you require.
- These types of claims are complicated and are very different from most other personal injury cases. A specialist spinal injury solicitor understands these complexities and in particular, will have experience of how such an injury might affect your life in the future. We are also able to identify and recommend the best and most experienced medical and other experts who can prepare reports to assist you with your claim.
- In our experience, we find that these claims take on average around 4 years to conclude but in severe cases this can be much longer. There are dangers in trying to settle such claims too early. It is essential that you have detailed evidence on how your injury will shape your future and what your future needs will be. Failing to do this is likely to lead to the under-settlement of your claim. We ensure that the necessary reports are obtained from leading experts. Where liability is accepted, we also ask the Defendant to make interim payments to you so that you do not suffer financial hardship during your claim and so that you can cover the cost of aids and equipment.
Our Commitment to You
At Bell Lax, we know that a spinal injury changes your life. We want to help you to get your life back on track and to ensure that you are provided for in the future. At the earliest possible stage, for cases involving serious spinal injury and/or paralysis, we will seek to put in place case management and rehabilitation which will ensure your identified needs are dealt with. The goal is to help you to return to independent living and when you are first discharged from hospital this is a massive challenge. Our assistance extends to:
- Contact with local social services to check the extent of care and therapy being provided and to secure an increase where necessary
- Checking the adequacy of your accommodation and considering whether adaptations should be sought
- Considering whether we could find you further assistance through charities or support networks
- Reviewing benefits to ensure you are receiving all social security payments that you are entitled to
- Arranging expert help with setting up a personal injury trust which would safeguard your benefits when you receive interim payments or your final compensation settlement
With the assistance of the very best experts in their fields, we will do all we can to help you to:
- Regain or maximise your independence and, if possible, return to work
- Develop coping mechanisms
- Overcome social issues or enhance self-confidence
- Meet any other goals that you or your family set
We will also of course, secure fair and just compensation for you which will ensure you are provided for in the future. Where appropriate, this might be a lump sum together with index-linked annual payments for a set period, or for life.
At Bell Lax, you are our priority and a qualified spinal injury lawyer will deal with your claim throughout.
Call Bell Lax today on 0121 355 0011 and ask to speak directly to the Head of our Personal Injury Department, Stuart Andrews if you think we may be able to help you.