We focus on our clients needs, offering sensible, pragmatic and cost effective advice which works for the long term future of all concerned.
If you ask the Court to consider a financial outcome it has to consider “all of the circumstances of the case” and in particular the following:
- The needs of the children – this is the paramount concern
- The needs of both you and your spouse
- The income, earning capacity, property and other financial resources available to you and your spouse
- Duration of your marriage, and the age of you and your spouse
- Standard of living enjoyed during the marriage
- Any physical or mental disability of either your or your spouse – this can affect the needs of either of you
- Contributions during the marriage – whether financial or to the welfare of the family
- Loss of any benefits on divorce – eg. pension benefits
These principles guide our advice to you. No two divorce settlements are the same. There is no right or wrong outcome. We will listen to what you want, work on your behalf to achieve the best outcome for you and help you to move on with your life.